Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Giggles


So one of the things I've missed the most about being away is the lack of mormons. I have taken for granted the strength, values, faith and power that comes from those who live and emulate the life of the Savior. The only interaction I've had with members of the church here are my 3 hours at church and few conversation moments with my director before or after class. I have however connected with his family on bus rides to varios excursions. I, out of my selfish desires to be around mormons, offered to take his girls for a day. Yesterday we went to the local amusement park in Madrid- similar to Lagoon but a bit smaller. They chatted my ear off and I spent the day with the giggles. Probably one of my most memorable days here. After the park we got dinner, stopped to get some candy and then they spent the night at my apartment. How grateful I am for the standards the Lord has set for us to live by but also the strengh that comes as we unite in the faith as members of His church. Us mormons have to stick together!

1 comment: