Thursday, November 5, 2015

Mundanes of Motherhood

So I have never really been too faithful about my blogging.  If you scroll through my posts you will immediately see what I mean.  I wrote for a while one summer when I lived in Spain and have done a few posts since of meeting my husband and the birth of my son, who is now 2. We just gave birth to my daughter and I've been thinking a lot about the mundane of being a stay at home mom. There is nothing more rewarding yet more exhausting at the same time.

My entire life I have dreamt of being a mom.  Looking back over the past two year of living that dream, motherhood is nothing like I imagined!  It is amazing, messy, constant, tiresome but has changed me forever.  

I want to get back into writing just for myself, if anyone reads it or is motivated by what I have to say- even better.  I plan to write one if not more FAVORITE moments from each day.  Whether they have to do with my children, family or something completely removed. Sometimes to be positive we have to look for it, acknowledge it and then share it.   

We'll see what happens- could be another two years before I write but hope that my conscious effort to find happiness and share it will allow me to be a better mother and wife.  Isn't that what we're all striving for anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment